Phase 2 Begins!
NWCC-led group riding out of Zube Park (17560 Roberts Rd, Hockley, TX 77447) will start July 10th. Volunteers are needed! Click on the link to volunteer as a ride leader, bit.ly/NWCC-Phase2.
- two trained ride leaders per pace group
- four pace groups (given sufficient qualified leaders)
- in-person ride leader training June 26th 10 am in Tomball (tentative)
- more requirements are below.
Paradigm shift – NWCC-led options other than Zube
Trained ride leaders will be encouraged to create and post additional ride routines such as
- the NWCC Coffee ride established by Brent and Chris
- monthly Mountain Bike Sunday being led by Michelle and Troy
- Other rides under consideration are the Hump Day ride, renewed Sunday Starbucks, TGIF Ride, and a monthly WOBT ride.
Be a lead-out rider in bringing NWCC back!
The ride-group leader commitment is just for three months (other qualifications are below). Fill out the form at this link, bit.ly/NWCC-Phase2
Zube pace groups (names tbd)
- 13 mph average speed, 20 mile ride
- 15 mph average speed, 35-40 mile ride
- 17 mph average speed, 35-45 mile ride
- 19+ mph, with distance to be determined by group
Ride leader qualifications
1. Leaders must have been an NWCC member for at least six months.
2. Leaders must have attended at least one general meeting.
3. Leaders must participate in a training class (tbd, likely June 26th 10 am in Tomball).
4. Leaders must wear NWCC kit while leading a group.
5. Leaders must commit to the position for three months.
6. Leaders agree to provide advance notice when they are not available to lead their group.
7. During the ride, leaders must be willing to wait for group members at predetermined meet-up spots.
8. Leaders must be able to model safe riding and be willing to provide immediate feedback to riders riding unsafely.
9. Reminder, each pace group or group ride will be led by two people, so it’s a shared commitment.
Upcoming group rides (those sponsored by NWCC are marked with an asterisk)
- *Saturdays 7:30 NWCC Coffee Ride (Bookmark https://nwcc.bike/
members-only-events/#!event- list. Group rides will be posted there and will require reservations. )
- *Sunday June 13 MTB group ride (same as for social ride)
- June 26th & 27th SB 250 The Board previously agreed to donate $100 to the charity running the SB250 ride for every member who signs up for this event to a maximum of $1000. This will give each NWCC rider a boost in the fundraising required to ride. See more at https://suzannahsmiles.org.
- July 5 VP Ride (stay tuned for more info)
- August 28 Hotter’n Hell Hundred (https://www.hh100.org/)
- *July 10 and every Saturday thereafter, rollout from Zube
- September 11 Birmingham Bicycle Club 100 (https://bhambikeclub.org/?
- September 12 state qualifying for 2022 National Senior Games Pace Bend (those who qualified in 2020 can compete in 2022) (https://texas.nsga.com/
- September 25 Pedal Away Alzheimer’s (https://www.
- September 25 Big Dam Bridge 100 (https://www.
- *October 10 Waller Flatland Express 100 (stay tuned for more info)
- November 2-3 Bikes Brews and Omelettes Two https://www.bikesignup.
com/Race/LA/ ArnaudvilleORAbbeville/ GiantOmelette (DoubleTree Hotel in Lafayette LA block room rate at $119 a night plus taxes)