Lots to talk about so here goes, and please stick with it!
NWCC was pleased to present a check for $500 to the organizers of the Bike Palooza at Mercer Botanic Gardens last weekend. The money will help Mercer repeat the event next year. There’s a photo on our Facebook pages and the website https://nwcc.bike/
- Memorial Day VP Ride Monday May 29
- Rollout from Tomball Memorial High School at 8 am
- various speed groups
- Mo’s pub in Vintage Park for drinks and food afterwards. We’ll buy your first drink.
- Strava and GPS maps on club website
- Club meeting Saturday June 3rd
- New venue with a/c (woohoo!)
- Julia’s Mexican Restaurant 5402 Hwy 6 North, 77084
- Mexican snacks and your first drink, be it a margarita, a mojito or a beer, are on us.
- Reward codes for BBX volunteers have been mailed.
- If you want to combine family rewards, email email@example.com.
- Katy Flatland Century July 19th kfc.bike
- 15% of the club’s membership have signed up to volunteer so far.
- If we cannot supply enough volunteers from our own club, we pay other organizations to volunteer and the club will eventually whither to nothing.
- See options and rewards at bit.ly/2023KFCVOLS.
- Saturday refreshments – We’re reinvigorating the opportunities to gather and chat with fellow riders at Zube
- Starting May 27th, drinks and eats will be available on the previously used table at Zube for after-ride fellowship.
- Sign up via the club’s website or directly here,https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f44a5ae2cabf4ce9-zube#/
- Submit receipts for reimbursement.
- No need to call the ride start nor to pick up loads of supplies at the shop.
- Saturday no-drop leaders – We have had a very successful No Drop Ride at Zube for many years and from that group, many riders graduated to the faster groups once their confidence in riding had improved.
- 25 miles at about 13 mph and it’s a great way to increase your cycling abilities.
- If you can give back at least once and lead this group, here’s the direct link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f44a5ae2cabf4ce9-nwcc#/
Finally, we would like to run a “Welcome to Cycling” safety class and a short but basic maintenance class where you will learn the important stuff, like how to change a flat, put the chain back on etc. We can combine the two! If you have interest, please let me know directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or let me know when we meet.